The members of the Westlock Citizens on Patrol are an active group of volunteers who work within the community in cooperation with the RCMP. Duties include acting as an extra set of eyes and ears while patrolling and reporting any suspicious activity to the RCMP. The RCMP work in partnership with C.O.P members to assist them in effectively carrying out their patrols and in completing the necessary reporting.
For more information please visit the Alberta Citizens on Patrol Association website: Alberta Citizens on Patrol Association
What We Do
COP’s involvement includes:
- observe and report suspicious and/or criminal activity by patrolling residential streets, commercial business and industrial zones.
- help reduce incidents of crime such as break and enters, vandalism, motor vehicle thefts, and impaired driving, through active patrols and reporting
- be accessible on a call-out basis to assist the RCMP (i.e. in locating a lost child)
As members within the community we strive to help make our community a safer place for all. We always welcome volunteers and financial support to help aid this worthwhile cause.
To volunteer for Citizens on Patrol, applicants must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- obtain a RCMP security clearance
- successfully complete the Citizens On Patrol Training Program
The Westlock Citizens on Patrol would like to thank the many
businesses, organizations and citizens who support us so generously with
not only cash donations but equipment, services, material and labour to
keep the Westlock chapter of the Alberta Citizens on Patrol Association
active in this area.
If your business would like to provide financial assistance to our program, or purchase a COP Patrol Sign, please contact us.
Mail: Westlock Citizens on Patrol Association
c/o RCMP Westlock Detachment
Westlock, Alberta T7P 1B3
Phone: 780-307-8226 or 780-349-4024