A small community offers a safe and friendly environment for you to live your retirement dreams. Westlock has above standard healthcare services, retail, recreational and volunteer opportunities for you to enjoy an active retirement.
10 Reasons to Retire in Westlock:
- Location –50 minutes to the City of Edmonton, 1 hour and 40 minutes to the Edmonton International Airport, 1 hour and 16 minutes to the University Hospital, Cross Cancer Clinic, 1 hour and eleven minutes to Rexall Place, 25 minutes to lakes and camping.
- Healthcare – Westlock Healthcare Centre is an accredited hospital consisting of 46 acute care beds with additional services offered including continuing care, emergency, laboratory, pharmacy, renal dialysis, rehabilitation, ultrasound, X-Ray, CT Scan and MRI. 2 Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1 Anesthesiologist www.albertahealthservices.ca. 2 Medical Clinics – 12 doctors, Denture Clinic, Chiropractor, Optometrist and Dental Clinics.
- Housing – ,Homeland Housing provides, safe, affordable housing for seniors which promotes a healthy independent and enjoyable lifestyle Visit www.homelandhousing.ca.
- Recreation – We are well equipped with facilities including the Westlock Aquatic Centre, Mountie Park and the newly opened Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre, 9.6 kms of walking trail around the Town of Westlock, 18 hole golf course just outside of town, Tawatinaw Valley Ski facility and much more
- Sense of Belonging – Westlock is a friendly, small town that provides the security that comes from living in a community that cares for each other and reaches out to their neighbours.
- Entertainment – The Golden Age Drop-In Centre a gathering for cards, darts or just socializing. C.A.T.S., Rotary Dinner Theatre, Friday night suppers and dance at the Royal Canadian Legion, Pioneer Museum, Canadian Tractor Museum and much more.
- Education – Adult learning courses including professional development, just for fun courses, general interest, water and fitness classes. www.westlocklearn.ca
- Transportation – The Community Bus provides transportation around town for seniors and disabled persons.
- Protective Services – R.C.M.P. Detachment, Municipal Enforcement, a well equipped fire department, Citizens on Patrol program and A.L.S. Ambulance Service.
- Community Spirit – Get involved in community activities and take a leadership role in many initiatives. There are also many local programs, activities and support services for seniors.
For a complete retirement information package call (780)349-4444 or email us at email@example.com
You can also write to us at:
Town of Westlock
10003 – 106 Street
Westlock, AB T7P 2K3