Click here for Rotary Spirit Centre User Bookings Page
Modified Operating Hours:
In consideration of the provincial government guidelines for reopening, the Town of Westlock has had to modify the operating hours of the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre to the following until further notice:
Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday, Sunday, Holidays: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Membership & Admissions
Any valid membership as of March 16, 2020 have been extended during this temporary closure period.
- All Full-Facility passes will resume on June 29, 2020
- All Aquatic Centre only passes will resume upon the reopening of the Westlock Aquatic Centre
We are striving to make your return to the facilities an enjoyable experience, however we do recognize that there may be some membership holders who are unable to return or are uncomfortable with returning to the facilities at this early phase of reopening. If you are unable to or are uncomfortable with returning you have a couple options for your membership:
- Fill out a temporary extension form and email the completed form to email@example.com. The form can be found on the Town of Westlock website. These requests will be reviewed and processed with the changes to your membership date;
- Fill out a cancellation form for memberships that can be found on the Town of Westlock website. Email this completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. The membership will be processed and prorated from the original closure date of March 16, 2020
Please click here for the cancellation/extension form.
Membership holders have until September 16, 2020 to send in these completed forms. There will be no extensions beyond this date.
All Community Service user fees (drop-in admission rates, facility rental rates and membership pass fees) can be viewed by clicking this link: Town of Westlock Fees & Rates Bylaw
Facility Usage Changes
The Town of Westlock will now require all users to pre-book a timeslot ahead of time to limit the number of users in one area and maintain a vigorous cleaning schedule. At the end of each timeslot, all users will be asked to vacate the area for the facility to perform a sanitization of the high touch spots and reset for the next timeslot of area users. A user can book as many timeslots as they would like but may be interrupted for sanitization at the end of each individual timeslot. Spectator events and facility bookings will be dealt with on a case by case basis, please contact the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre for more details.
Upon reopening, to use an area of the facility a user must:
- Pre-book a timeslot in their area of use
- Either the Weight Room/Cardio Equipment, Fieldhouse, OR Walking Track
- Ways to book timeslots:
- Online (See above for link to booking page)
- Telephone (780-349-6654)
*Please Note: There is a cap on the number of users in each area during each timeslot. Starting August 4th, timeslots will be 1 hour in length instead of the current 45 minutes.
- Provide contact information as a requirement for contact tracing, as per provincial regulations. This information includes:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Residence Area
- Once this information is captured after the first visit, the Town of Westlock will only require your name for check-in
- Admission will still be performed by either membership usage or paid drop-in
- Upon arrival, all users will check in at the Guest Services desk and be asked health related screening questions before entering any area of the facility.
- We encourage all users:
- To arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before their timeslot begins, to maintain the number of users in an area and allow for proper reset of each area.
- To arrive ready and changed for your activity, with the lone exception of bringing clean indoor shoes to change into. In accordance to with provincial regulations, there will be no showers and no hair/hand dryers. If not possible, changing clothes can be done in one of the public washrooms in the main lobbies of the facility.
The Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre includes the following:
- Curling Rink
- Field House 3 courts
- Fitness Centre and Walking Track
- Children Play area (Currently closed as a result of Provincial Regulations)
- Meeting rooms for special events and parties
- Earth Bar (incl. healthy meals, drinks, supplements ,clothing, hockey accessories & skate sharpening)
- Westlock Art Club open Fridays
The Town of Westlock is working on a small allotment of fitness class programming for the near future. These programs will be in a safe, clean environment and as a result will have smaller class sizes and offerings. Admissions will be the same as they were prior to COVID-19 shutdown as registrations, fitness class drop-ins, and one off drop-ins will be available upon reopening. Please stay tuned to the Town of Westlock website and Facebook page on future updates and program offerings.
Group bookings at Town of Westlock facilities will be permitted in accordance with Alberta Provincial Regulations and Guidelines. A person looking to organize a group booking is encouraged to call the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre at 780-349-6654, as each booking will be handled on a case-by-case basis to factor in other facility usage. In addition to the Town of Westlock’s regulations for a group booking, you will be required to:
- Follow all rules and regulations for safe distancing, dependent on the activity planned for the booking.
- Administer a Health and Wellness Questionnaire prior to commencement of activity for each attendee
- A list of contact information (Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Residence Area) of each attendee must be submitted to the facility before dismissal of use. This information is a provincial regulation requirement for contact tracing. This list will be provided to the group booking organizer upon check-in
2020 Westlock Summer Youth Programs:
For this year's Summer Program Guide, please click the guide below. please follow the program for registration details & protocols. For the Summer Program waiver form click: Summer Program Waiver 2020