Winter Road Maintenance
We thank all residents in respecting our snow removal bylaw and snow removal guidelines (Bylaw 2012-08 and Policy No. P-20-2007).
When will snow removal operations start?
- A single event of loose snowfall greater than 150 mm
- A total compacted accumulation depth of snow 150 mm or greater
Our snow clearing operation follows the Snow Removal Policy. Snow clearing in residential zones starts only after priority areas have been completed.
Priority 1: Emergency routes and access points
Priority 2: Downtown and Town managed parking lots
Priority 3: Collector roads
Priority 4: Residential roads
Upon completion of the priority clearing, the Operations department will begin snow removal in laneways.
In the event of an additional snowfall, snow removal crews will return to priority routes.
Snow removal schedules and plans are subject to change without notice due to shifting weather patterns and mechanical performance. Any changes will be posted to the Town website and Facebook page.
When do snow removal signs get posted?
- Snow Day Removal Operation Signs will normally be posted a minimum of 24-hours prior to a particular area being cleaned.
- Snow Day Removal sign placement, location, date and time will be recorded by the Operations department. Sign removal date and time will also be recorded by Operations.
- Snow Day Removal Notices will be posted to the Town website and Facebook page.
Things to keep in mind
If we all work together each snow season, we ensure our residents are able to access amenities and necessities.
- Clearing sidewalks in front of residences and businesses within 24-hours after the snowfall event.
- Keeping public sidewalks and highways clear of obstructions (snow, ice, dirt, etc.). You can file a bylaw complaint at www.westlock.ca if a sidewalk has not been cleared within 24-hours of the snowfall.
- Following instructions on snow removal signs when posted on residential roadways. Remember: When No Parking signs are posted on snow route zones all vehicles must be removed off the roadway by 12:00 a.m. until the snow removal operation is completed.
If you have any questions, contact Operations at 780-349-3740 or for after hours on-call: 780-349-0178.