Facility Usage Changes
The Town of Westlock will now require all users to pre-book a timeslot ahead of time to limit the number of users in one area and maintain a vigorous cleaning schedule. At the end of each timeslot, all users will be asked to vacate the area for the facility to perform a sanitization of the high touch spots and reset for the next timeslot of area users. A user can book as many timeslots as they would like but may be interrupted for sanitization at the end of each individual timeslot. Spectator events and facility bookings will be dealt with on a case by case basis, please contact the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre for more details.
Upon reopening, to use an area of the facility a user must:
- Pre-book a timeslot in their area of use
- Either the Weight Room/Cardio Equipment, Fieldhouse, OR Walking Track
- Ways to book timeslots:
- Online (See below)
- Telephone (780-349-6654)
*Please Note: There is a cap on the number of users in each area during each timeslot.
- Provide contact information as a requirement for contact tracing, as per provincial regulations. This information includes:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Residence Area
- Once this information is captured after the first visit, the Town of Westlock will only require your name for check-in
- Admission will still be performed by either membership usage or paid drop-in
- Upon arrival, all users will check in at the Guest Services desk and be asked health related screening questions before entering any area of the facility.
- We encourage all users:
- To arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before their timeslot begins, to maintain the number of users in an area and allow for proper reset of each area.
- To arrive ready and changed for your activity, with the lone exception of bringing clean indoor shoes to change into. In accordance to with provincial regulations, there will be no showers and no hair/hand dryers. If not possible, changing clothes can be done in one of the public washrooms in the main lobbies of the facility.
Any valid membership as of March 16, 2020 have been extended during this temporary closure period.
- All Full-Facility passes will resume on June 29, 2020
- All Aquatic Centre only passes will resume upon the reopening of the Westlock Aquatic Centre
We are striving to make your return to the facilities an enjoyable experience, however we do recognize that there may be some membership holders who are unable to return or are uncomfortable with returning to the facilities at this early phase of reopening. If you are unable to or are uncomfortable with returning you have a couple options for your membership:
- Fill out a temporary extension form and email the completed form to email@example.com. The form can be found on the Town of Westlock website. These requests will be reviewed and processed with the changes to your membership date;
- Fill out a cancellation form for memberships that can be found on the Town of Westlock website. Email this completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. The membership will be processed and prorated from the original closure date of March 16, 2020
All Community Service user fees (drop-in admission rates, facility rental rates and membership pass fees) can be viewed by clicking this link: Town of Westlock Fees & Rates Bylaw