The Town of Westlock is a municipal leader in community resiliency and prosperity. With a strong and growing business base and many recreation opportunities, it is an exciting place to call home. We recognize that a pillar of good governance is listening to citizens to inform critical decisions. We prioritize sustaining a rich dialogue between citizens, community organizations, and the administration and council to ensure a cohesive vision for bettering our community.
In Westlock, your business won’t get lost in the hustle and bustle of a city. You have a voice and make a difference in the community you have your business and call home.
Westlock has a diverse economy, excellent transportation connections and a highly evolved technological infrastructure. We enjoy urban amenities and a small-town lifestyle.
Westlock offers exceptional business growth and expansion opportunities, and we are dedicated to the growth and development of your business in our community. Located just 85 kms north of Edmonton, we offer quick and easy access to major markets and transportation routes. Industrial, commercial and residential lots are available to suit your needs. Prime locations with ample parking are available downtown.
We want you to be a part of our community, and we will work closely with your business or organization.
View or Download our 2023 Business & Community Profile
THE WESTLOCK COMMUNITY ADVANTAGE
- Located on two major highways: Highway 18 and Highway 44
- 85 km to Edmonton
- Close proximity to the International Airport with the Westlock Municipal Airport only a few kilometres east of the Town of Westlock
- CN rail travels through town
- Comprehensive urban infrastructure
- Quality education, medical and recreational services
- Competitive regional tax and utility rates.
- Land development opportunities in highway commercial and future residential areas
- Land development opportunities in the industrial zone
- Skilled labour force availability, strong work ethics
- Continuous community enhancement and promotion
- Business services, retail, government administration and manufacturing
- Civic pride and citizen contributions to community development & enhancement
- Safe & friendly community