• Home
  • Occupancy and Utilities

    Safety codes inspections must be complete and passed prior to occupancy of the building and connection of utilities.
    New buildings may not be occupied until they have passed inspection for building, plumbing, gas and electrical permits and compliant Permit Services Reports have been issued to the applicant in all applicable disciplines. A water meter must be installed and a utility account activated before the water valve may be turned on and only the Town of Westlock may turn a main water valve. Should a building be occupied and water used without a valid account the occupant may be charged with theft. Prior to occupying a new building, please check with the Planning & Development Department to ensure all pre-occupancy requirements have been met.