The Town of Westlock offers a large variety of Churches and Religious Organizations which are noted below in alphabetical order.
Church of Nazarene
11051 – 103A Street, Westlock
Roman Catholic Church
St. Mary’s- Westlock
Smithfield Lodge & Pembina Lodge
10020 – 100 Avenue, Westlock
Fr. Sabinnus Iwu
St. Philip’s Anglican Church
9843 – 105 Street, Westlock
Seventh Day Adventist
10508 – 100 Avenue, Westlock
Pastor Kevin Chung
Trinity Lutheran Church
10214 – 102 Avenue, Westlock
E-mail: Trinity Lutheran Church
Westlock Alliance Church
9607 – 100 Street, Westlock
E-mail: Westlock Alliance Church
Westlock Baptist Church
10736 – 101 Street, Westlock
Westlock Community Church of Christ
11331 - 100 Street, Westlock
Email: Westlock Community Church of Christ
Westlock Gospel Chapel
10227 – 97 Street, Westlock
Phone: 780-349-4555 (church)
E-mail: Westlock Gospel Chapel
Westlock Pastoral Charge United Church
10607 – 100 Avenue, Westlock
Open Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
World Wide Church of God
10520 – 103 Street, Westlock
Youth for Christ
10612 – 102 Street, Westlock
Westlock Elementary School
Kindergarten to Grade 6
Pembina Hills School Division (Public School)
www.pembinahills.ca (French Immersion available)
10515-106A Street Westlock, Alberta T7P 2E7
R.F. Staples Secondary School
Saint Mary's School
A small community offers a safe and friendly environment for you to live your retirement dreams. Westlock has first-class healthcare services, retail, recreational and volunteer opportunities for you to enjoy an active retirement.
10 Reasons to Retire in Westlock:
- Location –50 minutes to the City of Edmonton, 1 hour and 40 minutes to the Edmonton International Airport, 1 hour and 16 minutes to the University Hospital, Cross Cancer Clinic, 1 hour and eleven minutes to Rexall Place, and 25 minutes to lakes and camping.
- Healthcare – Westlock Healthcare Centre is an accredited hospital consisting of 46 acute care beds with additional services offered including continuing care, emergency, laboratory, pharmacy, renal dialysis, rehabilitation, ultrasound, X-Ray, CT Scan and MRI. 2 Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1 Anesthesiologist www.albertahealthservices.ca. 2 Medical Clinics – 12 doctors, Denture Clinic, Chiropractor, Optometrist and Dental Clinics.
- Housing – Homeland Housing provides, safe, affordable housing for seniors which promotes a healthy independent and enjoyable lifestyle Visit www.homelandhousing.ca.
- Recreation – We are well equipped with facilities including the Westlock Aquatic Centre, Mountie Park and the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre, 10.2 kms of walking trail around the Town of Westlock, 18 hole golf course just outside of town, Tawatinaw Valley Ski facility and much more.
- Sense of Belonging – Westlock is a friendly, small town that provides the security that comes from living in a community that cares for each other and reaches out to its neighbours.
- Entertainment – The Golden Age Drop-In Centre is a gathering for cards, darts, or just socializing. C.A.T.S., Rotary Dinner Theatre, Friday night suppers and dance at the Royal Canadian Legion, Pioneer Museum, Canadian Tractor Museum and much more.
- Education – Adult learning courses including professional development, just-for-fun courses, general interest, water and fitness classes. www.westlocklearn.ca
- Transportation – The Community Bus provides transportation around town for seniors and disabled persons.
- Protective Services – R.C.M.P. Detachment, Municipal Enforcement, a well-equipped fire department, Citizens on Patrol program and A.L.S. Ambulance Service.
- Community Spirit – Get involved in community activities and take a leadership role in many initiatives. There are also many local programs, activities and support services for seniors.
For a complete retirement information package, call 780-349-4444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to us at:
Town of Westlock
10003 – 106 Street
Westlock, AB T7P 2K3