Update April 7, 2021
In accordance with the Provincial announcement on April 6, 2021, of moving back to Step 1 of the Path Forward, our facilities are adjusting operating hours and booking options.
The Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre operating hours will be reduced to 2 to 9 p.m. Monday to Friday and will be closed on weekends and statutory holidays until further notice. The walking track is closed until further notice. The gym is available for rental by households with a trainer or one-on-one with a trainer.
As we continue to follow the provincial measures and guidelines this is subject to change so follow us on Facebook or visit our website to stay informed.
Update March 29, 2021
Personal Training / Weight Room Usage
- With the current provincial health regulations, one-on-one training is permitted in Town of Westlock facilities. A certified personal trainer is required for entry and use of weight room facilities. The personal trainer fee will be negotiated by the trainer and the user and does not involve the Town of Westlock.
- Admissions are payable as the day rate or by the full-facility membership.
- To book your spot, call the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre at 780-349-6654 or Westlock Aquatic Centre at 780-349-6677.
At this time, Town of Westlock approved personal trainers are:
- Inspire Fitness (Coreen Rivard) 780-307-4992
- Out of the Dark Fitness (Jordan Hickle) 780-287-9953
- Nourish Nutrition and Fitness (Nicole Shuster) 587-777-5707
If you are a certified personal trainer and would like to be added to our list, call 780-349-6654.
Low-Intensity Fitness Class Schedule
We would love to hear your input on low-intensity fitness classes!
Let us know what classes or different activities you are interested in taking. We will organize additional options that align with current provincial restrictions. Keep checking here for further updates.
Call us today at 780-349-6654 with your suggestions.
- Stretch & Strengthen
This workout class uses free weights to focus on coordination, balance, and muscle strength. The class then finishes with yoga, stretches and postural exercises.
Wednesdays 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.
Fridays 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.
Instructed by Inspire Fitness; please call 780-307-4992 or email Coreen to register.
- CORE Flow
Whether you are a beginner or familiar with exercise, this class is great for everyone! With a focus on low intensity core, you will get a great full body workout through a slow flow of movements that allow for more muscle activation, while working on your upper and lower body as well.
Wednesdays 5 to 5:45 p.m.
Instructed by Out of the Dark Fitness; please call 780-287-9953 to register.
Update March 10, 2021
We will start taking bookings on Thursday, March 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can book in weekly increments. We are not taking online bookings yet.
Call to book your spot! 780-349-6654!
Update March 9, 2021
The Town of Westlock is re-opening the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre, 9603 - 100 Street on Monday, March 15 with adjusted activities and capacities in accordance with provincial guidelines.
Effective Monday, March 15, until further notice, the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre will be open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You must call the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre at 780-349-6654 to book your spot for any of the activities that are currently allowed. Drop-in activities are not available.
At this time, we are able to offer the following activities:
- Weight room
- One individual and one trainer or one household with one trainer
- Ensure you book your spot
- Users pay the daily admission rate or use membership
- Walking track
- Walking only, as provincial guidelines prohibit running and high intensity/interval workouts
- Ensure you book your spot
- Field house and arena open only for rentals
- Youth group activities with a maximum of 10 total individuals
- Exclusive household rentals
- Call to book your spot
- Users pay the hourly booking rate
We continue to monitor and follow the provincial government's steps and benchmarks to guide the path to easing restrictions.
To comply with the CMOH Order 41-2020 and provincial measures, the Town of Westlock has implemented the following changes:
- The Westlock & District F.C.S.S. office will be open by appointment only.
- The Town of Westlock Office closed effective December 14, 2020.
These changes will remain until further notice and are subject to change.
For reference, our standard hours and operating practices are itemized and noted on this page. We look forward to providing recreation services and options when provincial measures allow.
Monday through Friday: 6:00 a.m.to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday, Holidays: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Things to do
- Curling Rink
- Field House 3 courts
- Group Bookings
- Fitness Centre and Walking Track
- Fitness Classes
- Children Play area
- Meeting rooms for special events and parties
- Westlock Art Club open Fridays
- Earth Bar (healthy meals, drinks, supplements, clothing, hockey accessories & skate sharpening)
Admissions, memberships, fees and rentals
All drop-in admission rates, facility rental rates and membership pass fees are detailed in the Fees & Rates Bylaw.