The Town of Westlock is following the recommendations and directives from Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta in responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
To comply with the CMOH Order 41-2020 and provincial measures, the Town of Westlock has implemented the following changes:
- The Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre closed effective Sunday, December 13, 2020.
- The Westlock Aquatic Centre closed effective Sunday, December 13, 2020.
- The Westlock & District F.C.S.S. office will be open by appointment only.
- The Westlock Community Bus changed service to travel for primary health services only effective Monday, December 14, 2020.
- The Town of Westlock Office closed effective December 14, 2020.
These changes will remain until further notice and are subject to change.
The new Provincial Order (CMOH Order 41-2020) supersedes our Face Covering Bylaw 2020-22.
Province-wide impacts from the December 8, 2020, CMOH Order 41-2020 and provincial measures are:
- No indoor or outdoor gatherings
- Mandatory masks in all public indoor spaces, including workspaces
- All retail services reduced to 15% occupancy, Malls reduced to 15%
- Places of worship, in-person attendance limited to 15% occupancy
- No in-person dining in restaurants, bars, pubs, cafes, lounges
- Casinos, bingo halls, gaming centres, horse tracks, raceways, bowling alleys, pool halls, legions, and private clubs closed
- Libraries, science centres, interpretive centres, museums, galleries, amusement parks and water parks closed
- Personal and wellness services, including hair salons, barbers, nail salons, tattoos, piercing, massage closed
- Mandatory work from home, unless the employer determines work requires physical presence for operational effectiveness
- CMOH Order 41-2020 (link to Public Health Order on alberta.ca)
- CMOH Order 38-2020 (link to Public Health Order on alberta.ca)
- Face Covering Bylaw 2020-22 (PDF)
- Poster: Face Covering Bylaw Notice for Businesses 8.5 x 11 (PDF)
- Poster: Face Covering Bylaw Notice for Businesses 11 x 17 (PDF)
- Reduced Capacity and Occupant Load (PDF)