The information on this page will help guide you through your residential fence project in the Town of Westlock.
|Call us: 780-349-4444|
|Email us: email@example.com|
|In-Person: 10003-106 Street, Westlock, AB|
- Fences can be as high as 1.83m (6 ft) in a rear or side yard
- Fences can be as high as 1.0m (3.3 ft) in a front yard
Encroachments: It is not allowed to encroach on neighbouring property with a fence, retaining wall or other development. This applies regardless of the ownership of the neighbouring property (private, Town, government, etc).
- You can contact an Alberta Land Surveyor to locate your property lines if you do not know their location.
Permits are typically not required for fences as long as the height requirements of the Town’s Land Use Bylaw are followed. See Know the rules below for more information.
When is a Development Permit required?
In residential areas, a Development Permit for a fence is only required when:
- The height of the proposed fence is 1.83m (6 ft) or higher in a rear or side yard.
- The height of the proposed fence is 1.0m (3.3 ft) or higher in the front yard
If none of the above applies to your project, it is likely that a Development Permit is not required.
If you believe you will require a Development Permit for your fence, please contact Planning & Development at 780-349-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.